Landover Car Rental Comparison: Hire top-quality cars for low prices!
Fun Fact: Landover was mentioned in a NCIS series episode.
Top Attractions within LandoverThe Harlem Renaissance Festival is a traditional festival held each year in Landover. Every year, in May, the city fills with tourists eager to be a part of this great festival celebrations which include live concerts, games, rides and gastronomy contests.
Beall's Pleasure is a historic house located in Landover, built in 1795. This was the home of Benjamin Stoddert, the man who was named the first Secretary of the Navy. The house is made entirely out of bricks, but the architect is unknown. The one who is known is Boris V. Timchenco – the designer of the garden, who made the beautiful landscape in 1936 and became later, designer of gardens for John F. Kennedy and for the Eisenhower family. The home is now listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Ridgley Methodist Episcopal Church was built in 1921, but the religion was founded in 1871. This Landover church was the spiritual center of the African American farming community of the town. Thanks to its major importance in the history of Landover, the building was listed on the National Register of Historic Places since 2005.
FedExField is a stadium located in Landover and the home of the Washington Redskins. This is one of the largest venues of this type and it is opened since 1997. If you are lucky, you may catch a great game on the FedExField while in Landover.
Top 5 Things to Do in Landover
Not far from Washington D.C., Landover in Maryland is the perfect place to stay when visiting the nation's capital. With hotels, recreation, shopping and dining, there is plenty to see and do in this city so close to Washington D.C.
1. Go shopping: The Boulevard at the Capital Centre is an open-air shopping destination, opened in 2005, at the site of the former US Airways Arena. It has over 70 establishments including shops, restaurants and the Magic Johnson Theatres, which house some of the largest screens in the DC area.
2. Play sports: Located near the Washington Redskins FedEx Field is the Prince George's Sports & Learning Complex that offers a fitness centre, gymnastics area and aquatics centre. There is a retail and food area, as well as interactive exhibits in the learning centre.
3. Watch Football: Home of the Washington Redskins, FedEx Field is located in Landover. It is the largest stadium in the NFL, seating over 80,000 people. The stadium is within walking distance of many locations, which can save time and money on a game day.
4. Drive into the Nation's capital: Since Landover is only a short distance away from Washington D.C. it may be a more cost effective location to stay in while visiting the sights in the capital. Many museums and tourist destinations are within driving distance of Landover.
5. Visit a park: Throughout the city there are many parks that offer relaxation after a long day sight-seeing or a pleasant break from big city excursions.