You Name Your Price, We'll Give You The Best Choice in Saranac Lake Car Rental!
Explore Saranac Lake and it surroundings with a cheap rental car
Saranac Lake is a charming village in the state of New York, United States, located more exactly in Franklin and Essex Counties. Saranac Lake actually covers parts of 3 towns: Harrietstown, St. Armand, and North Elba. The history of Saranac Lake goes back to 1819, when the area was settled. Later on, Saranac Lake became incorporated in 1892 and it instantly began to grow in popularity due to its immense tourism potential. In fact, Saranac Lake was ranked the best small town in the state and the 11th best small town in the country, so a visit here will definitely be worth your while. With a total population of 5,406 according to the 2010 census, Saranac Lake is a small town that will surely charm every visitor. The town uses its location to its full advantage to bring in tourists with its mountain views, clear lakes and fine arts showcases.
Top Attractions within Saranac Lake
Saranac Lake, as in the lake itself, is a wonderful recreational place in the core of the nature, where you will be able to relax, take in the fresh air, and enjoy a wide array of fun activities, including swimming. The lake is great for both summer and winter water sports. You can also rent a boat and admire the amazing scenery, as well as the nearby historical sites.
The Saranac Lake Laboratory Museum is the place where you will get to learn more about Dr. Edward Trudeau, the one who found the cure for tuberculosis, and his incredible work. You will see here many cottages, with open front porches, as well as records related to the impact that the mountain climate has on the curative process and on the town itself.
Eat N'Meet Grill is a great eating venue in Saranac Lake. The menu is diverse and it features a wide array of foods that will satisfy every taste bud, including seafood, burgers, sandwiches, soups, and innovative specialties. The atmosphere is also really nice, so there is nothing in the way of you having an amazing dining experience.
Lakeview Deli is another fantastic restaurant in Saranac Lake, which praise itself with having almost everything homemade. Blue Moon Cafe is another enjoyable restaurant.
5 Things You Must Do in Saranac Lake
1. Visit the Lake: The main attraction of the area is, of course, Saranac Lake. Whether you like motor boating or canoeing, the 30-mile provides gorgeous views and the opportunity to see bald eagles, loons, blue herons and ospreys.
2. Check out the Adirondack Museum: The Adirondack Museum tells the stories of how people lived, worked and played in the Adirondacks. There are rustic cottages, a log hotel and one-room schoolhouse throughout grounds. The New York Times has given high praise to the Adirondack Museum.
3. Take a Ride on the Railroad: The ride on the Adirondack Scenic Railroad is a roundtrip from Lake Placid to Saranac Lake Union Depot. The trip is 2 hours, with a ½ hour layover and is sponsored by the work of he Adirondack Railroad Preservation Society.
4. High Falls Gorge: High Falls Gorge is 700 feet of breathtaking views of the Ausable River as it cascades downward. There is a self-guided tour available that features not only waterfalls, but also dark pools and one of the state's largest potholes.
5. Olympic Scenery: Catch the Olympic spirit at nearby Lake Placid. Host of the 1980 Winter Games, Lake Placid has developed into one of the area's most popular tourist destinations. With fine arts performances, the Olympic park, quaint shops and more, it's a must-see if you're in the Saranac Lake area.