Crescent City Car Rental Comparison
Crescent is a wonderful city located in California, United States. Crescent City is one of the most beautiful places in Del Norte County, actually being its county seat. With a population of more than 7,600 inhabitants, Crescent City has an area of 2.415 squared miles (6.255 squared kilometers). Since Crescent City is located in the Pacific coast, you can surely imagine that the views here are spectacular, so there is no wonder that numerous visitors opt for Crescent City as the destination of their next trip.
Top Attractions within Crescent City
The Redwood National and State Parks are the most beautiful sites that can be seen by visitors who arrive in Crescent City. Numerous species of flora, including protected species, can be seen in this amazing park, but the national park also preserves a number of impressive rare animal species.
The Battery Point Light is a lighthouse situated in Crescent City, built in 1856. From here, visitors will be able to enjoy a scenery view, but they will also have the opportunity to visit the Battery Point Lighthouse and Museum. Within the museum you will be able to see furniture pieces and maritime artifacts, but also photos and historical documents.
Del Norte County Historical Society Main Museum is the place in which you can enjoy seeing some beautiful collections displaying the history and heritage of the city. North Coast Nature Center is another museum of the city, but here you will have the possibility to see numerous native animals, specific to California state. Here, you will also be able to view exotic animals, from all around the world.
Gold Bluff Beach is one of the most popular and beautiful places in Crescent City. In this location you can relax in the sun or you can simply take a long walk along the beach to admire the beautiful scenery.
Ocean World is a spot not to miss if you are visiting Crescent City. In this place you will find one of the most impressive aquariums in the world. Numerous species of marine see animals can be viewed here, including see lions and sharks.
Top 5 Things to Do in Crescent City, CA
Crescent City is located on the scenic Northern California coast in Del Notre County. It is 1.6 sq miles in size, earning its name for its panoramic crescent shape sandy beach. It was invaded by the Europeans in 1828. Crescent city is also famous for its vulnerability to Tsunamis. On many occasions, the tsunami has struck the city, but the most devastating was the one that struck on March 27, 1964.
1. See an old lighthouse: Battery Point Light is one of the first lighthouses on the coast of California. It is a 45 ft high cylindrical brick tower that survived the strongest Tsunami of 1964. It was first lit in 1856 and automated in 1953. It flashes a white light every 30 seconds.
2. Go camping: Camping amidst the amazing diversity of flora and fauna at Redwood National and State Parks is an exhilarating camping experience. There are four developed campgrounds, three in the redwood forest and one on the oceanfront. The thick redwood forest trees are as tall as 300 ft and are habitat of rare land and water species like, black bear and Douglas-fir.
3. Visit the past: A tour into the life and civilization of Native Americans and yesteryears can be undertaken by visiting Del Notre County Historical Society Main Museum. Built in 1926 and declared the main museum in 1965, it has a wealth of exhibits like musical instruments, logging and mining tools, furniture and Native American crafts.
4. Try petting a shark: Imagine seeing marine life from an unimaginably close distance. Ocean World is a gigantic aquarium of half a million gallon water and multitude of sea creatures. One can witness shark petting and exotic sea lion performances.
5. Walk through the redwoods: Walking through the redwoods forest of California is always exhilarating and invigorating. There is a chair lift for those who cannot climb this strenuous trail.