Rancho Mirage Car Rental Comparison: Strike a deal and bag a cool car rental
Best Way to Travel: Car
#1 Thing to do: PS Bike Tours
#2 Thing to do: Children's Discovery Museum
#3 Thing to do: Agua Caliente Casino
Fun Fact: Rancho Mirage boasts 12 golf courses which are also known as “country clubs”.
#1 Car Rental Company: Desert Euro Car Rental Hertz
Rancho Mirage is a resort city located in Riverside County, California, United States of America. Rancho Mirage has a population of approximately 18.000 residents and an area of 24.83 square miles. The first modern settlement on the area which is today Rancho Mirage was founded in the beginning of the 20th century. The city was incorporated in 1973, but it gained fame after World War II. Rancho Mirage became popular due to celebrities like Frank Sinatra, Fred Astaire, Bob Hope and Ginger Rogers. The city is famous even in literature, as three novels had their setting in Rancho Mirage - Rancho Mirage by Aram Saroyan, Love Child by Andrew Neiderman and Generation X: Tales for an Accelerated Culture by Douglas Coupland.
Top Attractions within Rancho Mirage
Agua Caliente Casino is a gaming facility located in Rancho Mirage. The business is run by Agua Caliente Band of Cahuila Indians. The casino has more than 45.000 square feet and a 16-story hotel. If you want to gamble and have fun, this is the perfect place to do it while in Rancho Mirage.
Children's Discovery Museum of the Desert is a private institution open in Rancho Mirage in 1986. The museum boosts of interactive attractions made especially for kids, to stimulate their imagination and curiosity. The attraction is visited by approximately 100.000 people each year and on site restaurants can even host birthday parties and private events inside the museum.
Shame on the Moon is the greatest restaurant in Rancho Mirage. The menu of the restaurant is eclectic and includes fresh made dishes. Our recommendation is to try the homemade meatloaf and the fresh fish.
Lord Fletcher's Restaurant is a classic British restaurant where the staff is dressed like in the dark-wood inn era. The restaurant has a pub, a main dining room and a Shakespearian room where you can dine. The specialties of the house are the English rice pudding and the royal brandy..
Top 5 Things to Do in Rancho Mirage
Rancho Mirage city is located in Riverside County California in the United States. The 2000 census shows the population at 13,249. President Gerald Ford lived here until his death and is home to the Betty Ford Center. The city boasts 12 golf courses commonly known as the country clubs.
1. Children's Discovery Museum of the Desert: Kids will cherish every moment in this warm and friendly museum featuring interactive exhibits developed to encourage curiosity and exploration. Special programs are featured throughout the week with weekend art classes for the budding artists in the family.
2. Go for Clubbing: The Westin Mission Hills Resort is famous for its elite locale as well as yearly gala events. As a matter of fact, this up market club has housed the LPGA tour. It has a magnificent 18-hole golf course.
3. Whitewater Park: Whitewater was the first park built in the city. It has sports areas, equestrian trails, and playground and picnic areas. During November it is home to the Rancho Mirage Art Affaire which showcases 100 select artists, food, jazz entertainment, wine and special exhibits.
4. Mission Hills North Gary Player Signature Course: This par 72 18-hole golf course is the first Gary Player course ever built in the desert. It offers several bunkers and lakes set in a rolling landscape.
5. Agua Calient Casino: A development of the Cahuilla Indians Agua Calient Band the 45,000 square-feet of full-amenity casino offers slot and video poker machines, gaming tables, poker room, six restaurants and a cabaret-style lounge.